The Seattle Times republished an article on what to ask before signing up for a group tour. It goes well with our previous coverage of group tour preparation such as 10 Tips: How to Choose the Right Group Tour and Lucky 7 Tips from a Volunteer Vacation Leader.
In planning a multi-day group tour, volunteer vacation, or multi-week trip abroad, all of these questions are useful for determining which group tour is right for you.
- What is the max. number of people on the tour?
- What kind of bus is used?
- Does the tour company sublet its tours or use its own employees?
- Is the tour guide a native English speaker?
- Is the tour offered in English?
- Will you get the same tour leader in each location or local leaders per town?
- Are all entrance fees included?
- Are tips included also?
- Are hotel transfers part of the package?
- Can the tour guide change the itinerary when weather changes?