For a guy trip with a little adrenaline and other worldly experience, try an underwater poker tournament. Divester reported about a tournament to raise money for a military family, but there are tons of other good causes as well.
Here's how to organize your getaway with friends while raising money for a good cause:
- Decide how many guys can make this commitment. Note: They must either be scuba certified or willing to be trained how to dive.
- Arrange practice group dives before the big tournament.
- Arrange practice poker matches just for fun.
- Decide where to go diving and make any necessary hotel, transportation, etc. arrangements.
- Set the date of the tournament, the cause for which you'll donate money, and the target amount to raise. Alert the non-profit organization, church, family, or other benefit group.
- Raise funds. Make calls. Go door to door. Do email blasts. Ask co-workers. Post announcements on MySpace. And so forth.
- Create a trip on TripHub to invite any who want to join the tournament and go as spectators or participants.
- Discuss trip details using TripHub's trip discussion blog, organize and post everyone's info and trip details on the event schedule.
- Then go on the poker tournament, win big, and feel great about donating to a worthy cause while bonding with your pals in a unique way.