Now, here's a hassle-free way to go for a golf get-away, ski trip, or other active vacation.
Let your clubs, skis, board, kayak, bike or other sporting equipment get picked up (valet style) with Sports Express, a new company that shuttles your gear (and luggage if you desire) between your front door and your vacation destination.
What a nice way to simplify the traveling process and offer peace of mind. Plus, you won't have to rent equipment once you arrive.
Here are some quick highlights of their service:
1. Sports Express may be able to take any size of equipment. You'll need to provide the dimensions to them first (either online or via phone). If the package is more than 150 pounds or if the length +(2 x width) +(2 x height) is greater than 130 inches, you won't be able to order the service online, but can call their 800 number.
2. They offer free insurance for $500 per item shipped.
3. They deliver mainly in the U.S., but also some international destinations such as Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Switzerland, Spain, and the Caribbean.
4. They use world-class courier service providers such as FedEx Express, UPS, and DHL.
5. Prices are not cheap - $125 to ship standard-sized golf clubs from Seattle to Honolulu. But if you're going on a personal golf (or ski or kayak) junket with pals and can spend a little extra cash on convenience, it seems like a great service.
For more information, visit Sports Express.