I received the 2007 travel agent edition of SpaFinder's Spa Guide magazine a few weeks ago and immediately made a pact (with myself) to plan a spa trip in 2007. This guide has 300 plus pages of day spas, destination spas, spas by region, medical spas, and plenty of reviews and information to help anyone plan a great spa trip.
My favorite feature was the "spa sorter" index. I can now find spas by Single-Friendly, Pet-Friendly, Organic, Romantic, Urban Hotels, and so forth. Perfect. No more hunting for themes. They are neatly laid out in this index.
I also liked that there were several spas in the category of Spirituality, classified by their common "programs and classes featuring a strong emphasis on meditation, yoga, or spiritual awareness." This goes nicely along with recent data that shows spa-going is a growing trend for vacationers.
Here are spiritual spas listed in the 2007 Spa Guide from SpaFinder:
- Cal-a-Vie, California
- Chiva-Som, Thailand
- Chopra Center & Spa at Dream, New York
- Chopra Center for Wellbeing, California
- COMO Shambhala Estate at Begawan Giri, Indonesia
- Golden Door, California
- Gwinganna Lifestyle Retreat and Spa, Australia
- Maroma Resort and Spa, Mexico
- Mayflower Inn & Spa, Connecticut
- Mii Amo at the Enchantment, Arizona
- Miraval, Life in Balance, Arizona
- New Age Health Spa, New York
- Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, California
- Rancho La Puerta, Mexico
- SAMAS at the Park Hotel Kenmare, Ireland
- Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa, Vermont
Great idea for a birthday gift for a good friend, anniversary present, girls getaway, guys getaway, or honeymoon.